Regarded as one of the most successful investors in the world, Warren Buffett is surely an inspiration to everyone who is looking to succeed.
Dubbed as the “Oracle of Omaha,” the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway is a firm believer in value investing or the strategy of buying stocks or companies that appear underpriced through some form of fundamental analysis.
Here are some of the quotable quotes from this famous and highly successful investor.
Warren Buffett’s Quotes on Value Investing:
“If you’re an investor, you’re looking on what the asset is going to do. If you’re a speculator, you’re commonly focusing on what the price of the object is going to do, and that’s not our game.” (Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting, 1997)
“Only those who will be sellers of equities in the near future should be happy at seeing stocks rise. Prospective purchasers should much prefer sinking prices.” (Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting, 1997)
“Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” (Chairman’s Letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, 2008)
Warren Buffett’s Quotes on Stock Investments and Stock Trading:
“Our favorite holding period is forever.” (Letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, 1988)
“The line separating investment and speculation, which is never bright and clear, becomes blurred still further when most market participants have recently enjoyed triumphs. Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money.” (Chairman’s Letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, 2000)
“You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.” (Chairman’s Letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, 2001)
“The most common cause of low prices is pessimism. We want to do business in such an environment, not because we like pessimism but because we like the prices it produces. It’s optimism that is the enemy of the rational buyer. (Chairman’s Letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, 1990)
“Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”
Warren Buffett’s Quotes on Money and Wealth
“If you’re in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99%.” (Times Online interview, 2007)
“I happen to have a talent for allocating capital. But my ability to use that talent is completely dependent on the society I was born into. If I’d been born into a tribe of hunters, this talent of mine would be pretty worthless. I can’t run very fast. I’m not particularly strong. I’d probably end up as some wild animal’s dinner.” (To Barack Obama, quoted in the book The Audacity of Hope)
“[The perfect amount of money to leave children is] enough money so that they would feel they could do anything, but not so much that they could do nothing.” (Fortune Magazine article, 1986)
“There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.”
Must read these other awesome posts!
4 thoughts on “Warren Buffett – Quotes on Money, Stocks, and Investing”
i cn b rich as they have
Buffet continues to impress me as he challenges the US Congress to tax him and his billionaire friends in the midst of the US financial crisi. This way, there can be shared sacrifice among the richest of them.
I love his quotes – very witty and inspirational!
I like getting the letters, but please don’t go telling folks they are going to get about an individual a week. I have been lucky to acquire just one a month. You need to do a little better than that….or cease the pinocchio stories at the extremely least. If one particular a month is what it is, then that’s what it is.