Are you interested to manage and operate your own convenience store? If you have the required entrepreneurial skill and financial capability, then choosing to franchise MiniStop might be the easier option for you.
Continue reading to find out relevant information that can help you understand and decide whether a MiniStop franchise is suitable for you.
About MiniStop Convenience Store
MINISTOP is a 24-hour convenience store chain and is a franchise of Ministop Co. Ltd., one of the largest convenience store chains in Japan. The store carries a wide assortment of merchandise and extensive selection of ready-to-eat products.
In the Philippines, the MiniStop master franchise is owned by Robinsons Convenience Stores Inc., a subsidiary of Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. (RRHI), which is an affiliate of Robinsons Malls and JG Summit Holdings. MiniStop has been operating in the Philippines for almost 20 years now and has around 500 stores nationwide.
Benefits of a MiniStop Franchise
Why franchise MiniStop? Here are benefits afforded by the company, as explained from MiniStop’s franchising information brochure:
“Our Profit Sharing model allows franchisees to earn more as they sell more.
Our stores are equipped with computers to facilitate the quick and efficient exchange of data.
Stocks are readily available within 24 hours or less from the Distribution Center which provides daily delivery requirements.
We provide full Marketing Support by constantly engaging in promotions and merchandising activities.
We provide Store Operations the necessary support system which includes training programs, marketing and manpower assistance, 24-hour call service center for repairs and maintenance and other daily operational concerns.”
Store Location Requirements
MiniStop requires prospective MiniStop locations to:
- Be in a strategic location such as call centers, commercial buildings, residential, institutional establishments, transport hub and school areas
- Preferably be in a corner lot
- Be accessible to public transport
Franchise Fee, Investment Cost, and ROI
According to the BPI Franchising Ka-Negosyo website, the MiniStop franchise fee is P600,000. The total franchise cost, however, could be around P3 million depending on store size and layout. The expected payback period is said to be 24 to 36 months.
MiniStop offers 2 ways to franchise:
- Acquire an Existing Store: You can acquire an existing store from their list of branches
- Convert a Property: Refer a site for evaluation and turn it into a MiniStop outlet
Franchising Package Inclusions
The franchise investment includes:
- Major Equipment: Chillers & Freezers, Sundae Machine, Granita Machine, Air Conditioner, Microwave Oven, Ready-To-Eat Showcase, Gondolas and Food Steamer
- Minor Equipment: Rice Cooker, Rice Warmer and Water Dispenser
- Furniture & Fixtures: Dining Equipment
- Facade Sign
Other store support provided by MiniStop includes:
- TRAINING: Assessment of potential store personnel.
- REGULAR BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL REVIEW: Evaluation of your store’s performance and financials on a regular basis.
- STORE OPERATIONS SUPPORT: Assistance on repairs, maintenance and other technical concerns through our call center team; Guidance from Operations Team.
- MARKETING SUPPORT: Execution of storewide promotions and activities, and local store marketing support to boost your store’s sales.
- DISTRIBUTION CENTER: Daily delivery of stocks from centralized Distribution Center.
- BUSINESS SYSTEMS: Provide systems for POS, Merchandise and Financial Reporting.
The franchisee, meanwhile, will be in charge of and will pay for Construction Cost, Franchise Fee & Performance Bond, POS Equipment, and Initial Merchandise.
Franchising Application Steps
Here are the steps to begin your franchising journey.
Step 1: Attend the Ministop franchise presentation.
Step 2: Meet with the Franchising Team for site visit and feasibility study.
Step 3: Interview with Ministop’s key officers.
Step 4: Signing of the franchise agreement, payment of the franchise investment & submission of required permits & documents to Ministop.
Step 5: Training of franchisee and store personnel.
Got some more questions or clarifications about the MiniStop franchise? Contact them at:
Robinsons Convenience Stores, Inc.
110 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone Number: (632) 635-0751 to 64
Looking for other Philippine franchising opportunities? See our Complete list of Philippine companies available for Franchising
Information and Image Sources: Official Company Website, BPI Family Ka-Negosyo Franchising loan website
9 thoughts on “How to Franchise: MiniStop Convenience Store”
gusto ko sanang magFRANCHISE nito in the future, kaso nga lang ang daming requirements. ok, lang sana if it will take/s a day or three. andar na sad ang akong katapol.. ehehe
Interested , may i request the list of requirements please send me the details through my fb account
Ano included sa franchise fee and what are the requirements?
Hi ma’am Merceditas Good day po,this Ryan Repuya?
Please check my facebook page
We have 10 concept to choice!
I need further details for the business franchising
Please provide Globe contact number
Otherwise you may call back on this # 09196687738
It was mentioned theres 2 ways to franchise, the first one is to acquire it with their existing branches. What wouldbe the scheme for this? And how long is the roi?
excited nako mag franchise ng ministop convinience store just wait for the fund and to buy the location i chooce, my cp# is 09363652371 pls ministop franchise team be with you soon, thank you guys..
Looking for vacant lot to put up your ministop store pls call my number 09283043263 and fb acct mayette alison kais. I have 120sqm lot for rent..located at angono rizal “good news wla pa pong minamistop store s place namin.
Be a Co-owner of iFuel Gasoline Station + Coffee Shop +FoodCaravan in one Station for a minimum investment of 500k to 1 Million pesos per seat.
For iFuel Business Presentation, Kindly send your complete name and contact number to get an appointment. Thank you!