Pinoy Money Talk (PMT) is a money-oriented website in the Philippines, focusing on the stock market, banking, entrepreneurship, and investments with more than 95,000 likes and 98,000 followers on Facebook.
Got something to tell us? Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On March 1, 2005, founder James Ryan Jonas started a website that would cater to the education of Filipinos regarding personal finance and investments. Pinoy Money Talk started as a discussion forum for people who ventured into online investing but the website has evolved to include broader discussions on stock trading, mutual funds, unit investment trust funds, other investment opportunities, forex trading, and online money-making, among others.
With hundreds of published unique and informative posts, the PMT Blog is a leading comprehensive resource on a range of topics in finance, investments, business, and other money opportunities.
The PMT Facebook page currently has more than 95,000 likes and 98,000 followers.
Awards and Citations
During the 10th Philippine Web Awards, PMT was recognized as the People’s Choice Awardee for Blogs.
We have also been cited as reference and resource on radio and TV shows, newspapers, and other online media. Some of PMT’s media mentions include:
- Philippine Star. “Ever Gotesco posts biggest gain in share prices in 2021.” (January 2022)
- MoneyMax.ph. “Online Marketing for Your Business.” (January 2022)
- Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC). “An Analysis of Suspicious Transaction Reports with Possible Links to Tax Crimes.” (April 2021)
- Rappler. “Billions of pesos in Church funds locked in stocks.” (January 2015)
- Rappler. “Be honest: Ask yourself these 5 questions about money.” (March 2014)
- Philippine Star. “Money Matters.” (February 2013)
- GMA News TV. “Ang Pinaka: Top 10 Controversial Scams.” (December 2012)
- Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) Academy. “Mutual Funds and UITFs.” (September 2011)
- Interaksyon-Philippine Star. “What is ‘wealth shaming’ and what does it say about the Philippine economy?” (May 2018)
- MoneySense magazine. “The 12 Most Influential People in Personal Finance.” (August 2011)
- ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC). Mornings@ANC TV Interview: “Alternative Investments.” (March 2011)
- GMA News. “SC justice faces another accusation of plagiarism.” (October 2010)
- “Variety store owner earns respect of business bloggers,” Philippine Daily Inquirer, November 2007
- DWIZ. Radio Interview: “Online Businesses in the Philippines.” (October 2007)
- DWIZ. Radio Interview: “Online Investing and Internet Scams.” (July 2007)
- The Manila Times. “Francswiss and marriage scams.” (July 2007)
Got something to tell us? Email us at email@example.com.